Arriving from Milano
The Milano airports
When you fly to Milano you have three airports. The main airport is Milano Malpensa, then you have Milano Linate and then the Milano Bergamo airport. In all cases it is easiest to take the airport bus to Milano Centrale, the Milan Central Station, and take the train from there to Desenzano del Garda.
ADDED TO ARTICLE AFTERWARDS: Bergamo Railway station to Orio al Serio Airport there is a shuttle bus every 30 minutes, then you can take the train from there to Desenzano del Garda.
Take the flybus to Milano Centrale.
- Costs 7 Euros (it just got raised, it was 5 Euros)
- Travel time about 50-60 minutes.
- Attn. At Milano Malpensa you have a choice of taking the Flybus and taking the train. I recommend the flybus! If you do take the train, it is both more expensive and takes more time as that train doesn´t go to the Milan Central station but instead you have to take the Metro that connects the the airport train arrival station to the Central Station.
Take the train to Desenzano del Garda.ATTN: The last train from Milano to Desenzano departs just after midnight, so check it before you go. See link to Italian train Service at bottom of the article.
- Costs from 6.75 to 15 Euros
- There is both 1st and 2nd class in these trains. There isn´t much of a difference in the space you are in but it is more privat and more space in most cases on 1st class. I usually take it when I have a lot of luggage.
- Travel time is from 70-90 minutes
- Trains marked IR or R are less expensive. (InterRegionale) They go every hour.
- Trains marked EC (EuroCity) and IN (InterCity) are more expensive but are usually around 20 minutes faster. They go every hour as well.
At Desenzano del Garda
- You can take a Taxi. 7-10 Euros will in all likelihood get you to your hotel.
- You can take the bus. 1 Euro pr. Person. The last bus departs 20.15.
- You can walk, though I wouldn´t have the patience to do so with a lot of luggage.
The route from Milano Malpensa to Desenzano del Garda via a carHere you can see the highway from Milano Malpensa airport to Desenzano del Garda. The Flybus-Train route is more or less the same except the highway doesn´t go into the city of course.
Related Links on this website:
Outside Related Links: